This handmade necklace features a special stamp to commemorate the first Arthur Guinness, who in 1759 founded the world-famous Guinness Brewery. The stamp was issued on July 20, 1959 to honor the 200th anniversary of the brewery's founding. This limited edition necklace will bring fame and good cheer to whomever wears it.
• Made with an authentic vintage cancelled postage stamp from Ireland, preserved under a clear dome of UV-resistant resin
• 1959 Arthur Guinness stamp originally valued at 3 pence. Claret in color.
• Crafted in lead-free pewter plated with antique silver
• Stamp measures 1 1/4" x 3/4"
• Hangs on 18" textured cable chain with front toggle clasp
• Handcrafted by CelticBelle
• Made in the USA
Did You Know? Every stamp used in CelticBelle jewelry is genuine, never a photocopy. Each piece is unique, and stamps may vary in color. Most stamps are vintage and have postmarks or cancellation marks, adding to the charm and history of the finished jewelry.
About the Artist. Mary Lynn Maloney creates her casually elegant CelticBelle jewelry in her Pacific Northwest studio. She incorporates authentic postage stamps and coins from Ireland, Scotland, and Wales, many of which she collects during her world travels. Her Irish heritage and longtime fascination with Celtic music, myth, history, and Irish pubs is the driving inspiration behind CelticBelle, blending artistic skill with a respect and affinity for all things Celtic.