As a newlywed couple begins their life's journey together, we wish three things for them—health (sláinte), love (grá), and happiness (sonas) together. This simple yet powerful original work of art, individually handpainted on handmade paper by well-known Irish artist Ethel Kelly, expresses those three wishes in Ogham script, Ireland's ancient alphabet. A meaningful gift for the newly married—or anyone you love.
• Handpainted on handmade paper
• Each piece is an original, handcrafted by Ethel Kelly
• Beautifully framed in a contemporary black wooden frame
• Measures 11" high by 16" wide, including frame
• Imported from Ireland - please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery
Did You Know? The Ogham alphabet dates from the first century A.D. It was Ireland's first written alphabet, originally inscribed on standing stones and in sacred places throughout rural Ireland. It is read from bottom to top.
About the Artist.
Ethel Kelly has won awards for her range of handpainted Ogham Wishes. She lovingly crafts each piece by hand at her traditional workshop in Knockcroghery village in County Roscommon, Ireland. Visit the Ogham Wishes artisan page