The wedding reception is well underway, and the bride and groom are now approaching the table to begin that meaningful wedding tradition—the cake-cutting ceremony. As they reach for your wedding gift of this stunning pewter wedding cake knife and cake server set, accented with a Claddagh design and made in Ireland by the esteemed Mullingar Pewter Company, you'll feel the glow of knowing you played a special role in this joyous celebration.
- Set includes Claddagh cake knife and Claddagh cake server
- Crafted from genuine pewter composed of 95% tin with the balance made up of copper and antimony
- Guaranteed lead-free and safe for use with all food
- Adorned with a classic Claddagh design
- Knife measures " long and server X" long
- Made by Mullingar Pewter
- Imported from Mullingar, County Westmeath, Ireland
Did You Know? The tradition of the wedding cake goes back to the Roman Empire. Couples feed each other a piece of wedding cake to symbolize the bride and groom's commitment to help, support, and provide for each other throughout their marriage.
About the Artists. The Irish men and women in Mullingar Pewter's workshop in County Westmeath, Ireland, create their extensive line of fine pewter gifts according to the highest standards and using traditional methods. The ancient craft of pewter making was revived by Mullingar Pewter in 1974. Their pieces are made by craftsmen specially trained to perform the old casting methods, meticulous assembly, and delicate hand finishing, skills that take years to acquire.