There are few more epic ways to celebrate a birth, birthday, wedding, or anniversary than with the planting of a majestic tree in Ireland which your children, grandchildren and their descendants can admire in the unseen generations to come. A beautiful, majestic tree is a living memorial of life-changing events. Its strength, long lifespan, and regal stature give it a monument-like quality and make it a powerful tribute to a life well lived or an occasion worthy of celebration. Honor or celebrate someone dear to you by planting a living, growing tree in Ireland in his or her name—a unique Irish gift to be treasured forever. We will notify the recipient of this very personalized gift by sending him or her a beautifully illustrated certificate bearing your own individual message. This tree, planted by the Lisnavagh Timber Project in partnership with Ever Irish Gifts' own Roots in Ireland, will be located on the Lisnavagh Estate in Rathvilly, County Carlow, Ireland. Because sustainability and regeneration of the Irish woodlands is of critical importance, this tree, planted as a young ash, oak, or beech sapling, will contribute to maintaining and repopulating the country's forestry, helping to keep Ireland green and providing satisfaction for future generations in years to come. Interested in planting a gift tree in other locations around the world besides Ireland? Visit our sister website The Gifted Tree.
Sometimes it is difficult to know what to say in order to express your thoughts. Click here for a list of examples that you might want to use.
- Includes personalized Roots in Ireland Certificate indicating that a tree has been planted in the recipient's name
- The handsome certificate, featuring an original four-color illustration by well-known Dublin artist Fran Leavey, is printed on sturdy cardstock and includes personalized message to the recipient and official wax stamp.It is available framed in either a heavyweight cardboard photo frame (with wall hook or display easel) or genuine wood frame (with wall hook).
- Tree will be personally planted by William Bunbury, or his staff , on the Lisnavagh Estate in Rathvilly, County Carlow, Ireland. Rathvilly is approximately 50 miles from Dublin, 35 miles from Kilkenny, and 12 miles from Carlow
- Lisnavagh Estate has been a family home for 11 generations and covers hundreds of acres. It includes Lisnavagh House, several cottages, grazing for cattle, and more than 250 acres of mainly hardwood woodland. The estate has been managed, protected, and loved by the Bunbury family for centuries, and many of the incredible trees were planted by ancestors of the Bunbury family over 200 years ago. Some were to commerate great victories in faraway shores; others celebrated birthdays closer to home.
- The Lisnavagh Estate is accessible by car; to arrange a visit, contact information will be provided to the recipient as part of the gift packet
- If recipients are unable to visit in person, they are invited to "visit" the estate virtually via Bing Maps by going to http://binged.it/KaMTYL for an aerial view of the property
- Presented by Roots in Ireland and the Lisnavagh Timber Project
Did You Know? Living trees have played a central role in the practical and daily spiritual lives of the Irish people for hundreds of years.Trees served as landmarks and icons of family and clan identity, and their importance can be measured by the great number of tree-based place names in Ireland—of the 16,000 towns in Ireland, 13,000 are named after trees.
About the Companies. The Lisnavagh Timber Project is one of several enterprises at Lisnavagh and is principally managed by William Bunbury. LTP is a leading provider of homegrown hardwood in Ireland, and most of the timber in the Project comes from the woods at Lisnavagh, mainly from windblown trees. LTP's mission is to maintain timber as renewable resource, replacing fallen trees to ensure continuation of Ireland's woodland. Roots in Ireland is Ever Irish Gifts's very own collection of unique, personalized gifts for that special person who deserves something extraordinary.