What the well-dressed kilt-wearer or historical reenactor is wearing on his (or her!) belt this season—a genuine cow's-horn drinking horn by Abbeyhorn. Crafted from natural cow's horn sourced ethically from renewable resources, this drinking horn with leather belt holster has been polished to a lustrous, beautiful finish, making it the must-have accessory for your modern-day Viking. Because these vessels are made from natural materials, no two pieces will ever be the same, and the colors you receive may vary from those pictured.
- Crafted from genuine cow's horn from West Africa
- Measures approximately 15" in length and holds approximately one pint of liquid
- Horn and leather holster sold as a set
- 100% safe for use with cold beverages only
- To clean, hand wash in tepid water with very mild soap. Rub gently with a soft cloth and towel dry immediately
- Each item is unique; colors may vary
- Handcrafted by Abbeyhorn, Carnforth, Lancashire, UK
- Imported from England
Did You Know? Drinking horns are known from classical antiquity, especially in Thrace and the Balkans, and were in use for ceremonial purposes throughout the Middle Ages and the Early Modern period in some parts of Europe, notably in Germanic Europe and the Caucasus. Drinking horns remain an important accessory in the culture of ritual toasting.
About the Artists. Abbeyhorn, a family-owned business since its establishment in 1749, sources its raw products responsibly, thereby saving these majestic horns from meat industry landfills and turning them into captivating and functional products.