An Irish wedding day, when two people commit to join their lives and hearts together, is a day worth commemorating in the loveliest possible way. This one-of-a-kind personalized piece of art by well-known Irish artist Ethel Kelly does exactly that. In it, the couple’s names and wedding date are handpainted on handmade paper in Ogham script, Ireland's ancient alphabet, creating a deeply meaningful wedding or anniversary gift to be cherished.
• Handpainted on handmade paper
• Each piece is an original, handcrafted by Ethel Kelly
• Beautifully framed in a contemporary black wooden frame
• Measures approximately 10-3/4" square, including frame
• Custom order; please allow three to four weeks for delivery
• Imported from Ireland
Did You Know? The Ogham alphabet dates from the first century A.D. It was Ireland's first written alphabet, originally inscribed on standing stones and in sacred places throughout rural Ireland. It is read from bottom to top.
About the Artist. Ethel Kelly has won awards for her range of handpainted Ogham Wishes. She lovingly Viscrafts each piece by hand at her traditional workshop in Knockcroghery village in County Roscommon, Ireland. Visit the Ogham Wishes artisan page.