Sipping a glass of fine, full-bodied red wine can be a delightfully sensory experience. You not only savor the complex fruity notes with your tongue but also drink in the rich, plummy colors with your eyes. Kerry Woollen Mills of Ireland has captured these delicious sensations in this warm, lightweight, and wonderfully super-soft wool scarf. Indulge.
• Crafted from 85% lamb's wool and 15% nylon
• Colors include deep plum as predominant base color with accents of blue and fuchsia
• Approximately 90" long by 15" wide
• Can be worn as a shawl or folded as a scarf
• Dry-clean only
• Designed, woven, and manufactured by Kerry Woollen Mills
• Imported from Killarney, County Kerry, Ireland
Did You Know? Scarves are thought to have originated in ancient Rome, where they were used not to keep the wearers warm but to keep them clean. In the early 19th century, scarves began their evolution into a fashion accessory for both men and women, and by the middle of the 20th century, they had achieved the widespread popularity that continues today.
About the Artists. Kerry Woollen Mills, situated on the Ring of Kerry on Ireland's Atlantic coast, has been creating fabrics and yarn from fine wool for more than 300 years. One of the last surviving traditional woollen mills still manufacturing in the beautiful Kerry countryside, it is set in a rural location with many of the 300-year-old buildings still standing and functional. In 1904, the mill was bought by the Eadie family, and it continues under the fourth generation of family ownership today.