Into every life some rain will fall. The big question is, how will you deal with it? Let this inspirational and beautifully rendered saying show you the way. This lovely fine art print, a reproduction of the original manuscript, features the lost art of hand-lettered illuminated manuscripts by Canadian artist Kevin Dillon. The artist's seal, a stylized design of his initials, is imprinted into molten, charred wax at the bottom of each piece, making every print a unique piece of artwork to treasure for years to come.
• Measures 8" wide x 10" high
• Fine art print reproduction of original illuminated manuscript hand-lettered onto calfskin vellum by the artist
• Bears the artist's raised wax signature seal
• Double matted in green and gold
• Framed in gilded gold vine frame
• Comes with both easel back and wall hanger for added display versatility
• Illustrated by artist Kevin Dillon
• Made by the Celtic Card Company in the USA
Did You Know? For centuries, prior to the invention of the printing press, monastic artists had been hand lettering, illuminating and painting books and scrolls on parchment. The most significant illuminated manuscript in the world, The Book of Kells, was produced by Irish monks.
About the Artist. In the tradition of the Book of Kells, Celtic artist Kevin Dillon has rediscovered the same medieval techniques used by these monks. Using a mortar and pestle, Kevin crushes semiprecious stones—lapis lazuli, cinnabar, azurite, orpiment, and malachite—to make his own paints. Using a dip pen or goose quill, the letters are meticulously applied by hand to the calfskin vellum. One at a time, the colors are applied—first blue, followed by the reds, then each remaining color in turn. The final illumination is achieved using 24 karat gold leaf.