He has to have a handmade herringbone Hanna Hat. That is a mouthful, but it's true—every man deserves a genuine Hanna Hat classic flat cap handcrafted in County Donegal. Consider how happy and handsome he'll be in this black herringbone Irish tweed wool cap. Heavenly…!
• Crafted from 100% pure wool tweed woven exclusively for Hanna Hats
• Lined with satin and interior grosgrain band
• To determine the correct hat size, measure the head with a tape measure at its widest point, just above the ears or eyebrows
• Designed and manufactured by Hanna Hats
• Imported from County Donegal, Ireland
Did You Know? The flat cap—a rounded men's or women's cap with a small stiff brim in front—traces its history to 14th-century England. To stimulate the wool industry, an Act of Parliament in 1571 decreed that on Sundays and holidays, all males over six years of age, except for the nobility and persons of degree, were to wear wool caps. The cap has experienced a resurgence in popularity, possibly because of recent photographs of cap-wearing celebrities.
About the Artists. Hanna Hats had its beginnings in 1924, when David Hanna Sr. started a small tailoring firm in the town of Donegal on Ireland's northwest coast. The very first Hanna hat was created in 1964, and it took four-and-a-half hours to complete. All their caps are naturally moisture repellent and assembled by hand at the factory in Donegal Town. They use the finest Donegal tweed (pure new wool) woven exclusively for them in the soft, muted shades of the Irish landscape.