No one can deny that classic argyle is having a moment. You'll see it on men's sweaters everywhere this fall and winter. So how do you make your guy stand out from the argyle-loving crowd? With a Big Diamond wool sweater custom-designed by Scotland's Scott Officer Knitwear. It's today's argyle sweater—only better.
- Big Diamond design on the front crafted in shades of blue and rust using intarsia knitting technique
- Heathered blue background inspired by the look and feel of traditional Scottish wool tweed
- Knitted from 90% all-natural British wool blended with 10% silk for extra softness
- Yarn designed by Scott Officer and made exclusively for him in Scotland
- Available in men’s sizes M (38-40), L (42-44), XL (46-48)
- Handwash or dry clean
- Designed and manufactured by Scott Officer Knitwear
- Imported from Haddington, East Lothian, Scotland, UK
Did You Know?
The knitting technique used to produce Scott Officer sweaters is known as intarsia, which means "inlay." Intarsia is the technique of laying individual yarns onto specific needles on a traditional hand frame knitting machine in precisely the position required to create the desired patterns. This time-consuming process allows for complex patterns to be produced without adding bulk to the finished sweater.
About the Artist
Scott Officer (yes, that's his real name) founded his knitwear company in 1981. The business is located in the town of Haddington, which is located 20 minutes east of Edinburgh, Scotland's capital city. Production takes place exclusively in Scotland, in the company’s workshop housed in a large Victorian mill next to the River Tyne.